Our company contributes to maintaining high quality standard of the environment to EU requirements by implementing the concept of sustainable development. The next steps include:
- implementation of the system of environmental protection to ISO 14001:2015
- regular trainings of human resources in environmental awareness
- Chemosvit Folie issues internal binding organization documents on environmental protection:
- system of environmental management
- listing and management of waste
- integrated permission of the Slovak Inspectorate of the Environment for printing operations
The biggest investment project realized using European funds is the project of heat and electricity co-generation of Energochem. This highly efficient production of heat and electricity has contributed to raising power production efficiency by at least 10%, as regards using primary power sources. It has positively influenced the production of measured emissions. Energochem guarantees 100% stability of power supplies within the industrial area of Chemosvit.
The generated waste gas of flexo, rotogravure printing and laminating operations, is being led to thermal incineration plant. A part of the installation is a thermal oil recuperation station making use of combustion gases to heat drying air for printing machines. All operations of Chemosvit Folie in which waste gas is being generated, are performed in accord with the valid regulations on air quality protection. The Slovak Inspectorate of the Environment has issued an integrate permission specifying emission limits for these operations.
Plastic waste gets recycled internally; gradually, we have managed to reduce the volume of dumped plastic waste.
Industrial waste water is being drained to the industrial sewage system of the company water treatment plant, and sewage waters to the public sewer system.
Owing to new technologies, we have recorded a decreasing trend in power and water demands while increasing production volume.